Saturday 21 September 2013

Third time lucky?

My only belly shot - Pipkin and I at 14 weeks
So.

For once my two week wait symptoms were not actually PMS.  I got a positive result on my home pregnancy test today.

Identical symptoms to the past three cycles. Completely opposite results.

Bizarre.

Part of me feels - whew, I get another chance.

Part of me feels  - oh no, here we go again.

At least the age statistics are on my side for once.  Apparently at my age 50% of pregnancies end in loss.  Given my two losses in a row, statistically I'm due for a live one.

I do know its not that simple though and I wont be counting any chickens until they hatch.

13 comments:

  1. Congratulations!

    ReplyDelete
  2. so excited for you, have been checking your blog for that +preg. test-will continue praying:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lisa! That is wonderful news! Sending you luck and peace through the next ~9 months.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Congrats! So exciting to read! (I am actually in the same boat! I just got a positive on Thurs, but haven't gone public yet...trying to wait until after my sono on Wed, but the blogpost is already written, lol) I know the feeling of excitement and caution...here we go again.

    Praying for a great pregnancy! Can't wait to keep reading to hear how it goes!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks. And thanks for sharing your exciting news! I look forward to your BFP post later this week.

      Delete
  5. Congratulations! And I know what you mean about the statistics?..

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks - here is to our success irrespective of any statistics!

      Delete
  6. Congratulations, Lisa! I'm sorry I'm just now saying that, I somehow missed this announcement. I love that picture of you in the pool :) Here's hoping for lots more belly shots!

    ReplyDelete
  7. This is wonderful news, congratulations!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...